Natural White Sheepskin Throw made with whole pelts to create this blanket. Stunning completely natural, un-dyed sheepskins shorn to 1.5″ long. The pelts are from Icelandic sheep which were raised in Iceland, and hides tanned in Poland prior to being shipped to us in Vermont. Noryageur makes these beautiful fleeces into a lovely genuine sheepskin blanket by lining them with organic flannel cotton.
- Extremely warm, cozy and soft to touch! Weight varies slightly, but usually around 6 lbs
- Backing material is 100% GOTS Certified Organic Flannel Cotton fabric. No stuffing or quilting, just flannel.
- Dry-clean or spot clean only using no rinse wool wash and a damp cloth as needed.
- Measures approximately 62” x 38” on the wool side. A perfect size to wrap around you while sitting on the sofa or in your favorite chair.
- Makes a perfect gift for him or her. Not a mass-produced item, truly one of a kind and hand made by me!
- Natural unbleached white sheepskin, pictured with a piece of artificial white copy paper so you can compare.
- No natural sheepskin is identical since they’re created by nature, not man-made! The solid color displays its perfectly imperfect variations of cream/white coloring. Handmade by us here at Noryageur.
- Throw pictured is the exact one you will receive and ships immediately
Sheepskin Thickness and Density
Each sheepskin rug is ONE OF A KIND and is unique since these pieces are not factory created. No two will ever be exactly alike. We have come up with our own method for you to determine the thickness and density of each sheepskin rug so you can compare. We take each sheepskin pelt and fold it in half, then ball it in three folds and place it on a chair. Here you can see and compare sheepskins of similar length to how they match up.
Sheepskin rugs & Sizing
How we measure our sheepskins. We always measure on the wool side not the leather backside of the sheepskin
More information about our sheepskins
Shipping and Returns
Depending on the lighting and colors in your home, the sheepskin may have different color tones more prominent than others seen on our website.
Natural sheepskins can have a mixture of tones such as cream, white, gray, tan, black and brown. It’s possible that a natural sheepskin can display all the colors in a single hide or show a combination of some of those colors. No two natural sheepskins will be alike.
A natural white sheepskin will NEVER be solid white. Natural white sheepskins can vary from a cream, ivory and often with lanolin which makes the sheep’s wool appear slightly yellow or beige. When placed near other warm tones, people rarely notice the color of lanolin.
A natural brown sheepskin can display a variety of shades from very light brown, golden brown, reddish brown to a dark chocolate brown. Sometimes a brown sheepskin can have all of those colors present in a single hide.
Natural gray sheepskins are stunning, rare and present with a variety of colors. Browns, blacks, creams, lanolin (beige) & different degrees of gray can be present.
Color questions? Email prior to purchase if you have certain expectations!